Marla R. Stevens

Kiser revisited or Here's a real "Word" for the wise...

Filed By Marla R. Stevens | April 27, 2006 8:43 AM | comments

Filed in: Politics, Politics, The Movement
Tags:

Editor's Note: This post has been removed under threat of litigation by the Kiser campaign. We're a small independent blog that doesn't even sell ad space. We have no means to fight the litigation. While we're big believers in the right to free speech and the author has sources, until those sources will go on the record officially, this post has been removed.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

-Bil Browning

Linda Perdue | April 28, 2006 2:56 PM

Well, that certainly makes me want to vote for him...

Wow I would have totally called his bluff, because I don't believe for a second that he would have gone to court. It's not libel if it's true, kids. I wish I had the content from the post; I'd reprint it on my blog.

John Handley | April 28, 2006 5:38 PM

I don't know if the man will go to court and I don't care.

This post was ridiculous. Can't people be for their favorite candidate, without being against another one?

Please support the candidate of your choice. This nonsense about someone's private life or lack thereof, is not even good gossip. It's shameful. If it's illegal or demonstrates a pattern of bad judgment, that's one thing. But Marla's post was disgusting.

The two posting parties above, as well as Marla, have indicated before they would not support this candidate. It is their right. Good for them.

Reposting the same negative or anti-candidate gibberish does nothing to elevate the discussion.

Win or lose Tuesday, Mr. Kiser has brought a new level of intellegence and debate to the city. His supporters are good people. So are the supporters of the incumbent.

Can we please focus on the real tyrants? The President, The Vice Pres., this Republican Congress who can't wait to deny us our rights.

Please, Mr. Editor: no more hateful posts like this one. Good riddance. If Marla can jot down some intellegent thoughts, without hatred, I'd be glad to read them. But she's worn out her welcome with me.

And has anyone paid attention to the two Republican candidates for this job? They're both scary...and one of them will win Tuesday, too.

"Called his bluff" huh? Laughable.

Bruce Parker | April 29, 2006 1:39 AM

John (if that is your real name),

The coolest thing about the internet is you can trace people's posts back to where they originated. LOL we know who you are and who you work for.

I am going to post myself about Mr. Kiser in a few minutes in regards to bullying and social class however I would like to take a minute to appreciate that he clearly is a warrior when it comes to protecting freedom of speech.

His bluff seems to have been called - that I find impressive.

John Handley | April 29, 2006 6:06 AM

You CAN tell where I am, and where I work? Good...then you know I work for myself.

Whatever you say, Big Brother Bruce, if that's your real name.

(Isn't it interesting that someone who posts a comment asking for civility, gets blasted...and gets told he's been internet-traced to his computer home? )

Harold Handley | April 29, 2006 9:07 AM

The required financial report from Kiser is a real hoot! Except for $200 from Ted (received after a $3000 advertising buy to him) ALL of Kiser's money comes from outside of Indiana. Most of it is self-financed from a loan based on $1,000,000 of property. The 'spouse' is on staff at $1000/week and local attorney Rick Sutton gets $1200/week. Kris just drew another $40,000 on Tuesday for last-minute expenses.

I'm curious who this local attorney Rick Sutton is. There is noone by that name listed on the Indiana Roll of Attorneys, which lists all attorneys licensed to practice in Indiana, if that is the correct spelling of his name. See http://hostpub.courts.state.in.us/HostPublisher/rollatty/roa1_inp.jsp

Betsy Markum | May 23, 2006 7:36 PM

I can't believe it, my co-worker just bought a car for $47744. Isn't that crazy!