Workout songs this week, folks--the kind of songs that keep me going on the Precor long enough to make my legs go all jiggly.
1. Big Star - The Ballad of El Goodo. I can't believe this band came and went without me knowing about it.
2. BarlowGirl - Let Go (LP Version). Eh. It's fast.
3&4. Barenaked Ladies - The Old Apartment and Straw Hat and Dirty Hank. These may be my favorite Barenaked Ladies songs of all time, in part because the bridge in both songs makes me go back and rework my assumptions about what the words mean.
5. Astaire - L-L-Love
6. The Arcade Fire - Neighborhood 3 - Power Out. Great band. Great album.
7. Amy Speace - Not The Heartless Kind.
8. American Hi-Fi - The Geeks Get the Girls (album version). Ya gotta dream, right?
9. Billy Joel - Everybody Loves You Know. Billy Joel's not usually my idea of workout music, but this song is fast and angry and it mentions the Staten Island Ferry, transportation of my youth.
10. I pooped out, and never made it to number 10. Maybe tomorrow!