Michael Moore has a snarky pledge up to our "Conservative Brothers and Sisters" that you should go read. I thought that it was very interesting that #2 was about same-sex marriage. Two? Hey, we're moving up the list, ladies and gents! Click through to read the 12 items and sign the pledge if you want.
Let's make today's topic Moore's movies. I'm a big fan of his movies - we own Bowling for Columbine, Fahrenheit 9/11, and even Roger and Me. I even rented all the DVDs from his TV shows off of Netflix. What's your favorite Michael Moore movie? Why?
1. We will always respect you for your conservative beliefs. We will never, ever, call you "unpatriotic" simply because you disagree with us. In fact, we encourage you to dissent and disagree with us.
2. We will let you marry whomever you want, even when some of us consider your behavior to be "different" or "immoral." Who you marry is none of our business. Love and be in love -- it's a wonderful gift.
3. We will not spend your grandchildren's money on our personal whims or to enrich our friends. It's your checkbook, too, and we will balance it for you.
4. When we soon bring our sons and daughters home from Iraq, we will bring your sons and daughters home, too. They deserve to live. We promise never to send your kids off to war based on either a mistake or a lie.
5. When we make America the last Western democracy to have universal health coverage, and all Americans are able to get help when they fall ill, we promise that you, too, will be able to see a doctor, regardless of your ability to pay. And when stem cell research delivers treatments and cures for diseases that affect you and your loved ones, we'll make sure those advances are available to you and your family, too.