Lalita Amos has a hilarious post up at American Values Alliance on "The Year That Was." It's a great round-up of 2006 - with her usual wry humor. A small sample follows, but you should read the whole thing - her links alone are worth the time.
- I, er we, got named Time Person the Year. Looking at the cheap mirrory-thingy they put on the cover and noting that, by squeezing the mag, I could turn my image into a kind of fun-house, horrible long, skinny me, I thought: "That's about right."
- Big Brother arrived in all of his terrible glory. He can be seen sporting a cameraphone and its aimed at you, so behave (or at least dress nicely).
- Ken Lay escaped prison...by falling over dead.
- "Dead Eye" Dick Cheney shot his best friend in the face, casting a permanent pall on networking events forever. The golf outing: now a venue for certain death.
- Dick Cheney's best friend apologized...for getting shot in the face.