Indiana Equality announced today that they have elected new officers for 2007. The new leadership team consists of:
- Jon Keep (Indy Rainbow Chamber of Commerce) - President
- Randy Studt (Citizens for Civil Rights Lafayette) - Chair
- Julie Anderton (Human Rights Campaign) - Vice Chair
- Cos Raimondi (National Association of Social Workers Indiana Chapter) - Secretary
- Dan Funk (Interfaith Coalition on Non-discrimination) - Treasurer
I have worked with all of these folks for a few years now and I have to say that this is the best leadership team I've seen out of IE. Jon and Randy are both known as moderate listeners with good judgement and superb people skills. Randy, as you might remember, used to be a contributor to bilerico.com when we first launched as a group blog.
I wish the new team all the best with their future endeavors. This will be a long hard year in the fight for equality. It's good to see a team invested in empowering the entire state; we're going to need everyone if we're ever going to win our rights as citizens.