Our demographics survey is closed now, so you don't have to worry about more posts browbeating you into telling us about yourselves. And what a bunch of bananas we are! While the results confirmed some things that I had assumed, other items threw me for a loop. I have to point out though that the survey was self-selecting and only 79 people took the poll.
So let's get to the good stuff - what does this survey say the average bilerico reader is like? First, you're a little younger than I expected. The average age range was 21-34 (almost 40%). One really big surprise was how one gender dominates so easily - 67% of respondents were male. The political affiliation was not surprising though...
Other tidbits I found interesting:
- Our readers tend to be well educated - 68% have graduated college or hold an advanced degree.
- We are overwhelmingly Democratic (72.5%)
- More Asians and Latinos read bilerico than African-Americans, but 88% of readers are white.
- Religion is not a big part of our lives - "Atheist" (25%) and "Spiritual but not Religious" (22%) swept the categories. The largest denominations reported were Episcopal and Methodist. 57% reported they never went to religious services.
- The top two favorite TV shows were The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report.
- 90% of you have called or written a politician about our issues.
- Over half of our readers still don't use the RSS feeds. Click the Subscribe button on the upper right. You'll be glad you did. RSS is your friend, people!
- More than half don't floss regularly
- While over half of you don't believe in tooth decay apparently, about the same amount doesn't believe in UFOs. Maybe I should do a post on how Martians are causing gingivitis.
- And finally, 42% of you have shopped at Wal-Mart recently. Bad, bilerico-ians, bad! Wal-Mart is evil, I tell you!
You can check out the full results here. Anything else that you found interesting? Disagree with the results of some questions? The floor is yours...