Don't you wish being gay came with an owner's manual sometimes? Wouldn't it make things so much easier if we just had a checklist? In that spirit, I thought I'd share what I consider the top ten things every gay man should know. Feel free to add to the list in the comments.
10 things every gay man should know
- You will never find "the one" by trolling for sex on Manhunt.
- Just because you're part of a minority group doesn't mean you know how all other minorities feel.
- Some churches don't think you're sinful and in need of redemption.
- You don't have to be married to be in a committed relationship.
- HIV/AIDS is a gay disease. So are cancer, leukemia, bipolar disorder and cerebral palsy.
- Just because you're "straight-acting" doesn't mean you're better than someone who's not.
- Dick size does matter, but not as much as knowing how to use what you've got.
- You are not the spokesperson for our cause. Others might have a different experience.
- Steel Magnolias is not the best movie ever made. Neither is Brokeback Mountain.
- Ass-less chaps are not appropriate evening wear for a fancy restaurant.