Anyone who knows me at all won't be surprised that my music tastes change a lot, but are always marked by an obsession with a certain artist, band, song, or type of music that can last for as long as a year or just a few days. The last month or so I have been listening to a mix on my iTunes and my iPhone, I titled Emo Boy Mix. I was recently told that I was misusing the word Emo, but didn't really care. So below is my list of the ten best depressed boy songs that are dominating my iMusic world.
- Anna Begins - The Counting Crows
- 9 Crimes - Damien Rice
- The Scientist - Coldplay
- Strange and Beautiful (I'll Put a Spell On You) - Aqualung
- Sleeping In - The Postal Service
- What Sarah Said - Death Cab For Cutie
- Boy with a Coin - Iron and Wine
- Grapevine Fires - Death Cab For Cutie
- Love and Some Verses - Iron and Wine
- Talking Bird - Death Cab For Cutie
These bands particularly Aqualung, The Postal Service, Death Cab For Cutie and Iron and Wine are new to me so I can't get enough of them right now.
Take a minute and share with Projectors some music that you like that is a bit out of character or doesn't reflect the majority of your music taste. What is the last few songs you have listened to and liked that no one would guess?