While I'm really excited about the upcoming trip to Denver, I have to admit I'm a little out of sorts. There's so much to do when you leave a teenager, four dogs and a cat behind for a week.
We've enlisted Grandma's help and she'll be staying with Paige for the duration. Of course, that means going grocery shopping so there's food in the fridge, writing out directions to Paige's school (she's in high school now so it's a different school), handing off keys and a list of daily chores and do's and don'ts.
It also means there's a lot of prep work to be done:
- Do all the laundry so you can...
- Pack our suitcases
- Buy travel size stuff for the trip
- Clean house so Grandma doesn't think we're slobs
- Arrange pet sitting while Paige and Grandma will be gone to Grandma's for the weekend
- Pre-write blog posts for while I'm traveling
- Borrow a video camera and get my camera back from Marti
- Get a haircut
- See a doctor about my sinus infection
- ...and a million other things I can't think of now.
When is it time for a nap? *grins*
Still I'm grateful that all of the Projectors are making it possible for me to make this trip. I truly love each and every one of you. Thanks for making this dream a reality.
It may be a lot of work, but I'm so damned excited I can barely contain myself.