This is my last chance to bug everyone for one last time to vote for us. Voting ends today at 5pm EST. As I write this post, we're in second place by 3,000 votes. Bridesmaid. Again. Are you gonna let that happen?
We've done quite a bit to entertain and educate our readers. In 2008 we've:
- Had guest posts by Senators and Presidential candidates Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton alongside countless other celebrities, activists and writers
- Went rogue to the Democratic National Convention to cover the event for the site
- Covered the Creating Change conference
- Covered the DC LGBT Bloggers conference
- Provided a clearinghouse for pictures of California's first marriages by several LGBT journalists - and offered them to everyone without copyright to use as they could
- Brought you personal shout-outs from several prominent LGBT activists, politicians, and celebrities
- Launched Bilerico-Indiana and Bilerico-Florida
- Filmed, interviewed, and attended multiple rightwing nutjob gatherings - including the ex-gay Love Won Out conference
- Provided breaking news and helped shape media coverage of LGBT issues
- Served up over 2,000,000 pages of Bilerico goodness to readers
- Celebrated our community's diversity by adding 20+ new contributors who more accurately reflect queer life
- and... Showed you several reality show contestant penis pics plus Prince William's king-sized staff
C'mon. Vote for Bilerico Project as Best LGBT Blog. If you won't do it for a Queen like me, do it for Prince William.
Voting ends at 5pm EST today.