Bil Browning

Rent on Broadway: Yours for a song comment

Filed By Bil Browning | January 30, 2009 8:30 AM | comments

Filed in: Contests
Tags: Bilerico Project logo, Kylie Minogue, Rent, Rent on Broadway, Valentine, Valentine's Day

We had so much fun with the last logo contest, we're doing it again! (Check out our last winner, GregC's, Lunar New Years logo above!) The prize is brought to us by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. Up for grabs is a Blu-Ray copy of RENT: Filmed Live on Broadway.

rentfilmed.jpgThis stunning performance shot in High Definition puts you in the front row as the smash hit RENT brings down the curtain on its history-making, 12-year run! You've never had seats this great!

After winning four Tony Awards® and the Pulitzer Prize, Jonathan Larson's powerhouse musical tour de force entered the record books as the 7th-longest-running show in all Broadway history.

RENT: Filmed Live on Broadway hits stores February 3rd.

To win, choose from three readers-submitted special logos for Valentine's Day. Leave a comment with your choice clearly stated; you do not need to say more than 1, 2 or 3. Be sure to use a valid e-mail address when you leave your comment so I can notify you if you're the winner. The winner will be chosen at random.

The winning logo will be displayed on the site for the holiday and the designer will win a CD and DVD prize package. Designers were deliberately left anonymous and are not eligible to vote. Your choices are after the jump.

Logo 1

bilericologo_valentine.png

Logo 2

bilericovallogo.jpg

Logo 3

bilericologoVday.gif

Leave your vote in the comments section. Only one entry per person. Contest will end Wednesday, January 30 at midnight EST. Good luck!

Recent Entries Filed under Contests:

The very romantic logo 3!

They're all nice and capture the day. For effective yet subtle use of animation I like number 3.

Wilson46201 | January 26, 2009 9:51 AM

Tres, por favor.

Definitely logo 3, but I did think logo 1 was good as well

I like 3 because the animation is subtle and cute, but I like the lipstick mark for the O in 1.
I'll put a vote in for 1.

Logo 1! I'm not a fan of animated logos for websites, personally.

My vote goes for Logo No. 2. Lovely!

I prefer subtle so 1

Karen Collett | January 26, 2009 1:34 PM

I was going to go for Number 2 but it's making me see crooked, so my vote is for:

Number 3!

Logo 1 - animated logos provide a big annoyance for people with slower connections.

Oh, tough choice. I'm going to have to go with number 1, though they're all awesome.

Number 3 is fabulous!

Dean Smitrh | January 26, 2009 3:35 PM

I like logo number 2.

Logo 2- it's the most colorful and fabulous!

Ginger Ninja | January 26, 2009 3:53 PM

Logo 2 all the way! Happy! Colorful! Energizing!

2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2!!!!

I think Logo two is IN YA FACE.

We need more of that. Lets shake it up!!!!

How can I not love that heart in #3. Its got my vote.

Definitely, number 3.

3. 1 is pretty good too, but I'd say my fav is 3.

wyomingleah | January 27, 2009 7:31 AM

#3, for sheer inclusivity!

Harold Hughes | January 27, 2009 8:19 AM

Let's go with choice 2. Love the Pride flag!

Numero 3.
Very nice animation, and the thin rainbow line below makes it...we can be romantic and gay in the same logo without making our heads hurt.

Scott Kaiser Scott Kaiser | January 27, 2009 11:44 AM

I don't want to be in the contest (as I don't have Blu-Ray and I'm ineligible as a contributor), but I have to choose 3 with one caveat: I would like to see two male symbols and two female symbols together within the heart.

I agree, and was surprised it wasn't there in the first place.

number 3 :)
(although this lipstick mark is also tempting ;)

Lenore Fromm | January 28, 2009 11:53 AM

#2 is a CELEBRATION! I VOTE FOR 2!

Any of them without that pukie Bile green you have now. Number 2

Mary Johnson | January 28, 2009 4:26 PM

like so many before me, I vote for 3

I also like number three.

Although it once again puts me in the minority, Number 1 is most subtle and tasteful, a pentimento recollection like the delicate watermark on one's beloved's love letter, so faint I can imagine a faint waft of French cologne ... oh, you didn't want my critique? ... Well, screw you, asshole!

(* pause *)

Number One, then.

#3

What the heck is Blu-Ray?

Signed, cheapskate owner of 21" tube tv. I haven't bothered with high-resolution, simply because for 21" tv, no-one can tell the difference.

I realize I'm a baby-boomer and I'm not always tuned in to the latest-and-greatest, but I think that Blu-Ray was a French avant garde filmmaker. Either that, or he designs expensive sunglasses. But a friend of mine thought that Blu-Ray is a fake name used when a particular Nashville singer records spoof songs that are X-rated, you know, the same guy that recorded Guitar-zan.

Maybe the best idea is to consult Wikipedia.

Philip M. Klasky | January 28, 2009 11:23 PM

double click on number 2

When it comes to love & passion & emotion & pain & joy &....

.....it's ALL about the COLORS of our lives,

TWO.

i'm a fan of #3 :)

denise odriscoll | January 29, 2009 1:18 AM

I vote for # 2!!

#2 rocks like a rainbow!

Rina Vergano | January 29, 2009 5:37 AM

I love logo 2... so PINK!

NUMBER TWO----I brake for color!!!!

Number 2............be loud, be proud!

No. 2 is definitely the best!

Definately #2...the background sets the stage beautifully!

Design 2, if you please.

bobo_baggins | January 29, 2009 1:16 PM

sporty logo 3

Richard Gray | January 29, 2009 1:58 PM

Number 2 gets me going!!!!!!!!!

Shirleybird | January 29, 2009 2:00 PM

I like color and celebration! So I vote for number two.

Beautiful, colorful, joyful 2!!!

lou and marilynn spaventa | January 30, 2009 11:01 AM

Logo 2.

Editor's Note: The rest of this comment has been deleted for naming the contestant.

Spider Fawke | January 30, 2009 11:34 AM

I vote for #2. The colors and design are superb!

#2 logo with the rainbow rocks! its got emotion whereas the others feel too industrial :)

Michelle Mark | January 30, 2009 4:34 PM

I vote for #2!!! It is VIBRANT!

I would like to vote for number 2!!

I love the vibrant and eye-catching #2!

Elvi Morris | January 30, 2009 5:17 PM

The 2, the colors are so wonderful!

Randy Fromm | January 30, 2009 7:32 PM

number 2 catches my eye

Light Kyomoon | January 30, 2009 7:38 PM

???? LoGo 2 ????

Diane Stevenett | January 30, 2009 8:44 PM

definitely #2

2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 IS THE MOST BESTEST

Christine Hartman | January 30, 2009 9:38 PM

number 2 please

#2!
I thik color is the spice of life...let it shine in goodness and let the Love flow in Peace!

Tina Salmieri | January 30, 2009 10:21 PM

#2 it say's love and LGBTQ. Love it , love it, love it!!!

2 is by far the bestest!