As guest blogger Nick Shalosky mentioned today, this "25 Things You May Not Know About Me" meme has been taking Facebook by storm. I've had over 100+ people tag me to do the list and I've resisted until now. While I'll put it on my Facebook profile, I thought it seemed appropriate to share with TBP readers first since a lot of readers tagged me!
My 25 things are after the jump. Leave your own list in the comments section and don't forget to check out Stonewall Democrats' list either.
- My hair is naturally curly and if I don't keep it cut short, I look like a Q-tip.
- I believe in ghosts and I've lived in a haunted house. Once, I came home and all of the living room furniture was stacked neatly in a pile (floor to ceiling!) in the middle of the room.
- I can't stand Rick Sanchez from CNN. He's so unprofessional.
- I can't boil water without burning it. Secretly, I yearn to be a world-class chef, but I'd be happy with being able to make Kraft Mac-n-Cheese.
- I'm addicted to the video game "Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion." I'm a dark elf mage named Jerame.
- With Obama in office, I have an overwhelming urge to watch every episode of West Wing all over again.
- I am a single child. If you count all of my half-brothers and sisters, I'm the youngest of 13 kids. We're not close and I rarely speak to any of them.
- Large crowds of people really freak me out, but I'm petrified of heights. Even climbing a ladder is a feat of courage for me.
- The first thing I do every morning is stumble downstairs and start a pot of coffee.
- I have a closer relationship with Jerame's mother than my own. I'm also closer to Jerame's mom than he is.
- I didn't want to start blogging originally. Jerame pressured me into it.
- The worst job I've had was working for a service that picked up dead dogs and cats from vets' offices and cremated them. I still have bad dreams about opening big chest freezers full of dead animals wrapped in plastic bags.
- I'm half lesbian. I love granola and I'm friends with all my exes.
- I'm allergic to cloves. Clove cigarettes make me sneeze and gasp for air.
- My favorite part of Thanksgiving and Christmas is angel food pie. My mom always made it for those two holidays when I was a kid and now Jerame makes it for me. He has to make two though, because his mom loves it too now.
- I'm bipolar and take Lamictal daily to stay stable.
- More straight men flirt with me than gay men. I've slept with more "straight" men too.
- I left home at sixteen and had my own apartment for most of high school.
- I'm friends with more conservative activists and bloggers in Indiana than liberals and regularly have lunch with the main lobbyist for the Indiana Family Institute.
- I hate MySpace; it's ugly and juvenile.
- I designed and made my date's dress for the high school prom.
- I have an older brother that I've never met or even talked with. I talk with a sister on Facebook, but can't remember ever speaking to her in person. I had to ask her to post a picture of herself so I knew what she looked like.
- Daily alone time is a must for me or I get really cranky. Usually it's the first couple hours of each day.
- My favorite TV show is the anime Bleach. I also own all of the manga, the first two seasons on DVD and several toys. I use the main character, Ichigo, as my chat avatar.
- I regularly dream about the people I've just met and future events.
I'll be putting this on Facebook, of course, so if we're not friends there yet, be sure to add me!