" To sum up my whirlwind first three weeks in Congress, I've:
- Been kissed by Gandalf (Sir Ian McKellen -- on stage, no less at the Human Rights Campaign Ball).
- Had my congressional ID pin accidentally stolen by fellow Freshman Rep. Tom Periello of Virginia.
- Hosted eight houseguests in our humble, one-bathroom abode on Capitol Hill for the inauguration.
- Participated in the greatest single outpouring of national pride and emotion our nation has ever seen.
- And gotten lost (repeatedly) in the labyrinthine passageways beneath the Capitol and House office buildings. "
-- Rep. Jared Polis on his first few weeks as a member of Congress