Every week we get more tips to the blog than we can ever post about. That's sad because quite a few of the tips are worthwhile, but we just run out of time. As I was cleaning out the inbox this morning, I found some of the good tips we hadn't used, so I thought I'd share them in a big roundup post. Got something you want us to know? E-mail it to us or leave a comment below.
- The May issue of Details Magazine hits newsstands April 21, and they feature the nation's first transgender mayor. Stu Rasmussen, mayor of Silverton, Oregon, opens up to Details about falling in love, adopting the "twins", and being old-fashioned.
- "Grey Gardens is not a gay movie, but there is no question that it has a huge and loyal fan base among those of us who enjoy same-sex stimulus plans. But why?" Alan Cumming explains.
- TransYouth Family Allies Executive Director Kim Pearson has a damn good radio interview that was just released.
- The April issue of The Advocate has a major story on the Lindgren-Hendricks double homocide in Indianapolis I reported on when the elderly gay victims were found.
- Projector Karl Johnson wants you to check out his psuedo-new blog, gayvolt.com. He writes, "I focus on politics, am sometimes silly, sometimes sexy. I don't take myself too seriously, but I do have an opinion." Go check it out and leave him some comments.
- A new national survey of gay and lesbian car owners demonstrates the potential of the LGBT market as a source of new car sales.