A few things worth mentioning early on a Monday afternoon:
- Has same-sex marriage replaced abortion as the Supreme Court litmus test?
- Pennsylvania will become the 16th state to offer domestic partner benefits to state employees, beginning July 1, 2009.
- The Nevada legislature has passed a domestic partnership bill, but it has to pass the state senate again due to amendments the state assembly added. Nevada Governor Jim Gibbons has said he will veto the legislation, but only two senate votes are needed to override the veto.
- A petition was circulated by Courage Campaign last weekend to ask Obama to suspend the gay ban immediately and stop the discharge of Lt. Dan Choi. 84,000 people signed.
- Social conservative Catholics are asking Obama to fire openly gay Harry Knox from his Faith Council. Most of the signatories to the letter are gay foes like Phyllis Schlafly, Bill Donahue, Chuck Donovan and John Boehner.
- 23 Bash Back! Lansing members have been served with court orders in a federal lawsuit brought against them for their participation in a Nov. 9 protest in the evangelical Lansing Church Mount Hope Church.
What've you got worth talking about this morning? Leave us a link in the comments section.