Editors' Note: Projector Trey Malicoat sent in this Then & Now. If you'd like to participate too, send in your before and after photos and lists.
- I was a quirky kid who drove a 1973 orange WV Thing.
- I was extremely creative and loved to paint, but was told that being an artist was too "gay".
- I was a boy scout and hated everything about it except Johnny M who played the violin and was also creative.
- I was a male cheerleader and convinced my friends I was one because I preferred touching girls rather than other guys (like my wrestling and football-playing friends).
- My favorite classes were speech and drama because I could play other characters besides myself.
- I became a youth minister and tried to "pray" the gay away.
- I became a therapist to further understand how f*****up I was.
- I married and had children because that was what I was supposed to do!
- I saw everything in life through the lenses of shame.