This photo was published at NoFauxxx sometime in 2003.
- I was 19 years old.
- I'd been involved in the sex industry for a matter of months.
- I'd done a few naked photo shoots where friends took snapshots in hopes of selling the sets to porn sites. But since my friends weren't actual photographers, none of those sets were actually high-quality enough to get published. Somewhere on my computer, I have an amusingly bad photo set of me and one of my best friends at the time posing in thrift-store lingerie in her mom's attic. Ah, my misspent youth.
- I think this photo is from the first set of nude photos I had published online -- but honestly, I can't remember. I've done a lot of photoshoots over the years.
- I hadn't made any porn with a partner yet, and I definitely wasn't ready to.
- I wasn't taking very good care of myself. I was in a pretty messed up place when I was 19. I did things like not eat for days at a time and not sleep for many nights in a row for the greater good of school work and taking care of my girlfriend. Somehow I managed to stay on top of my classes in school and get lots of praise from professors? I still don't quite know how I did it.