Here's an interview I gave to bOUT2, an LGBT podcast based around a radio show that broadcasts in southern Indiana. Hosts Helen Harrell and Sean Lemieux of WFHB's Blooming Out radio show and I discuss the legal and political meaning of ENDA, the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (HR 3017).
Here's what we chatted about:
- Is Congress more ready to pass ENDA this year than last time?
- Why is Indiana Equality alone in opposing ENDA?
- Is ENDA giving in to "incrementalism"?
- How do the Dallas Principles and ENDA interact?
- What do the small business and religious exemptions in ENDA mean?
- Would ENDA interfere with state and local civil rights protections?
- How is Facebook's Inclusive ENDA campaign helping to pass ENDA?
Also check out Alex Blaze's interview from last week.