Yesterday, I attended one of two roundtable discussions scheduled for this event.
I want to voice my admiration for the 25 men who could have been lounging by the hotel pool or showing off their bodies at the beach or doing any one of the many things that visiting men may do on a beautiful hot sunny afternoon in Miami Beach but had instead gathered for a 3 hour session entitled Relationship Matters Too Taboo To Talk About.
The ice in the pitchers of tea melted fast, given the hot nine point agenda, reprinted with photos, after the jump.
Rev. Tommie Watkins led the group through the following:
1. Open relationships
2. Not looking to be in a relationship ever
3. Discussing change or challenges in physical attributes
4. Lifetime partnering expectations
5. Secrets in relationships
6. Sexual roles
7. Paying for sex
8. Expectancy of mate attributes that are contrary to your personal attributes
9. One night stand medical/health disclosures - HIV & STDs
The discussion about safer sex was fascinating and should have been taped and distributed to all gay men.
A note of appreciation to Ian and Matteo for allowing me to be an observer. This is a well organized event attended by a growing number of beautiful and intelligent guys.