What nuggets happened this week that Projectors should know about but none of the contributors got around to blogging? Why funny you should ask...
- Gay and bisexual teens are more vulnerable to eating disorders (Hat tip to Barbara)
- Following up on Toni Broaddus, Kip Williams and Robin McGehee's response editorials, frequent guest blogger Adam Bink has his own thought on the federal vs state strategy for LGBT rights.
- The Ohio House of Representatives passed House Bill 176, the Equal Housing and Employment Act. State Representative and Republican candidate for Ohio Treasurer Josh Mandel, previously an LGBT ally, flipped positions and voted against the legislation.
- After President Obama extended the National Emergency for one year last Thursday, experts noted that the move allows him additional time to sign an executive order suspending Don't Ask, Don't Tell. So far it doesn't look like he will. (Hat tip to Indra)
- Across the United States, thousands of kids are kicked out of their homes each year for being lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender.
- Comedian and actor Eddie Izzard, a "47-year-old cross-dresser with no sporting inclination," completed 43 marathons in 52 days, a feat of jogging that covered 1,100 miles. (Hat tip to Robin)
Feel free to link us to other great stuff you want to share. Blogwhore your own stuff too!