Every Friday, I roundup some of the best flotsam and jetsam that comes into the tip box but doesn't make it into a full post. Here's what I've got to share this week.
- STFU Gays. Offensive or hilarious? You decide.
- Senators in California approved a bill late Wednesday that recognizes gay and lesbian marriages performed outside the state prior to November 5, 2008.
- PFLAG, the Ohio Democratic LGBT Caucus [PDF], and the Kentucky Fairness Campaign endorsed the National Equality March this week.
- Women are disproportionately affected by DADT. While women make up 14 percent of Army personnel, 46% of those discharged under DADT in 2007 were women. Lt Col Lissa Young was forced to resign her commission and permanent assignment as a West Point professor directing leadership education.
- What vegans can learn from the gay rights movement's successes.
- Next Tuesday, September 15, the Metro Nashville Council will hear the proposed non-discrimination ordinance on third and final reading. If you live in Nashville, contact your Council member today.
- Obama heckler: 14 things you need to know about Republican Rep. Joe Wilson (SC).
- The story behind a kitchen magnet.
Use this an open thread. Blogwhore your own writing, link us to stuff we should see, or just tell us how you're doing. Your call.