Speaking of strange pitches we get at Bilerico, here's Jerry Falwell's Liberty Council trying to prove that they're still relevant even after the teabaggers took the rightwing over from the Religious Right establishment.
They made a page where you can adopt a "liberal" and pray for him or her. Only 2 out of the 11 people whose views they want you to pray to change are Jewish (and one secret Jew), so it's progress for these folks.
Only one's gay (and one secret gay), but don't think they've forgotten about us. Everyone on the list has "radical homosexual agenda" included as one of their sins except for John Holdren, who had to support "compulsory sterilization and abortion" to get on the list (I agree with Gary Farber - I'll believe that!).
They even put the "Unknown Liberal" on the list. This person is kind of like Barack Obama, except underexposed.
Just as a reminder of how pro-LGBT everyone in our government is, here's the top homosexual agenda-ers that have usurped power in the US:
- Michael Bloomberg: However, he consistently takes three positions: pro-abortion, pro-gun control, and pro-same-sex marriage. He has said, "I think anybody should be able to marry anybody."
- Hillary Clinton: "She approves of hate crimes legislation and laws that give same-sex civil unions equal benefits, rights, and privileges to marriage. She advocated that homosexuals should be able to serve in the military without concealing their unnatural sexual preferences and she co-sponsored a bill that was intended to provide benefits to domestic partners of Federal employees."
- Barney Frank: "Congressman Frank serves as Chairman of the House Financial Services Committee and was the second openly homosexual member of Congress. The pro-homosexual Human Rights Campaign rates him as 100% committed to their issues."
- Barry Lynn: "He believes that refusing to recognize same-sex marriage reflects 'tradition's narrow view of marriage and sexuality.'"
- Janet Napolitano: "She opposed amending the Arizona Constitution to protect marriage as the union of one man and one woman. Twenty percent of the state judicial appointments Napolitano made as governor were of homosexuals, reflecting her pro-homosexual agenda."
- Barack Obama: "His policy initiatives have favored socialism, the homosexual agenda, and the funding of infant genocide around the world."
- Nancy Pelosi: "Pelosi supports same-sex marriage. She is an advocate of hate crimes laws that give special status and protection to homosexuals."
- Harry Reid: "Reid recently smuggled a "hate crimes" amendment through the Senate that gives special recognition to homosexuals by tacking it onto a vital military spending bill and scheduling a middle-of-the-night vote. He favors the Employment Nondiscrimination Act (ENDA) which will force employers to hire homosexuals, transsexuals and cross-dressers."
- Arnold Schwarzeneggar: "In 2006, Schwarzenegger signed into law a bill that punished organizations not providing full marital benefits to homosexuals, bisexuals, and transsexuals. With many landmark legal challenges to traditional marriage rising in California, he has become an outspoken advocate of imposing same-sex "marriage" on citizens who have consistently voted against it."
- Olympia Snowe: "In 2000, she voted to expand "hate crimes" to include sexual orientation. Snowe also voted against allowing employers to refuse to hire someone based on sexual orientation and against a constitutional ban of same-sex marriage."
The fact that they're stuck on gays and abortion, and only give a few lines to "socialism" and health care reform, and nothing to Naziism and fascism and Hitler, shows that they're still out of touch with the changes in the rightwing movement from just this past year.
But they can still put quotation marks around random words. That's the Religious Right's skill they give to movement conservatism's Super Friends.