South Florida Republican Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, who has long been an ally to the LGBT community, sent out a mailer to constituents letting them know exactly where she stand on equality:
Everyone deserves equal treatment and protection under our laws and our Constitution, regardless of their sexual orientation.
(click to enlarge)
Ros-Lehtinen goes on to talk about:
* her founding membership of the Congressional LGBT Equality Caucus
* her work on hate crimes
* her support for domestc partnership rights
* Her work on HIV/AIDS prevention and funding support (Ryan White Act & ETHA Act)
* her work to prevent LGBT based bullying in schools
* her continued support for the repeal of "Don't Ask, Don't Tell"
It's a good record and one I'm glad she's wearing as a badge of honor in this mailing.
(h/t Steve Rothaus of the Miami Herald)