The National Equality March on Washington will happen on October 10 and 11, 2009.
Here are twenty reasons you should go:
- Go because you are worthy.
- Go because we need each other.
- Go because you will never forget this.
- Go because this is the people's march.
- Go because there is power in solidarity.
- Go because you are empowered and dignified.
- Go because now is always the time to demand our rights.
- Go because showing up moves hearts and that is what this is about.
- Go because we are building on our past into a lasting grassroots movement.
- Go because you are young and old alike and we must learn from each other.
- Go because representing ourselves teaches all our communities about ourselves.
- Go because as single individuals we are small but standing together we are strong.
- Go because we deserve equal protection on all matters of civil law in all 50 states.
- Go because you are in America and we have the freedom of speech and assembly.
- Go because your Congresspersons represent your state and your country (a twofer!).
- Go because lobbying Congress works. Tell them to look you in your eyes and answer.
- Go because you will meet folks from your local Congressional Action Team or learn to build one in your state.
- Go because this is not being sponsored by a single corporation, organization, or brand.
- Go because there is nothing like the synergy and energy created out of mass gatherings.
- Go because you will meet others like you. You will understand that you are not alone.
More information is found at the National Equality March website, including travel information and places to find free lodging. Events are planned across DC.