While you're working off those holiday calories today, whether at the office or at the mall, here are some interesting items that we didn't have the time to cover. Feel free to blogwhore in the comments thread and link us to what you've found cool over the past week - or to stuff you've written on your own blogs.
- Projector Dana Beyer, a trans woman planning on running for the Maryland House of Delegates next year, has filed an ethics complaint against a DC government attorney. She alleges Antar C. Johnson, chair of the five-member Ethics Commission, launched a "blatant political attack" against her because of her gender identity.
- DISH Network has joined the War on Christmas in the comment section of TBP. An employee for the satelite TV company spammed our site with a link to their new commercial and the message, "we're definitely not afraid to wish everyone a merry Christmas!"
- A new website has launched to draw attention to the many issues facing LGBT communities of color.
- After hearing the hateful rhetoric from the group of rightwing fundie nutjobs who went to DC to try and get arrested under the new hate crimes law, the company that provided the audio equipment has refunded the anti-gay groups money, denounced their message and will donate their equipment to pro-gay events. Why? The contractor with the equipment listened to the hate group and reported to the company that "the actions of this organization crossed the line from politics into hate-mongering."
- If you're doing any online shopping today on Amazon and you use this link to do it, we'll make a few pennies off of each purchase.