Here are a few random follow-ups to stories we wrote about a Bilerico:
- Caster Semenya will keep her prize from her 800m gold in Berlin, but it's uncertain whether she'll be allowed to compete any more as a woman. The IAFF has promised not to leak any more of her private medical information.
- With almost no fanfare and at most 5% of noise as the first child, Mary Cheney had her second baby.
And she named the baby Sarah Lynne Cheney. Apparently she didn't like any of your suggestions.
- Perez Hilton dropped his charges against the manager of the Black Eyed Peas, who hit the blogger a few months back after Hilton called the straight man a faggot. Violence is never ok, yada yada yada, but if you call someone else a faggot, don't be surprised if they punch back.
- Speaking of bashing back, the Bash Back! counterprotested Join the Impact in Minnesota. Priceless quote:
"It feels like it hinders our efforts," Justin Grey Day, a marcher with the JTI-TC group, said in reference to the BB! group's attempts to drown out the larger march's chants.
They're counterprotesting you, sweetheart. The entire point is to hinder your efforts.
- The Illinois Family Institute is boycotting Scholastic Books for carrying Luv Ya Bunches, a book that incidentally mentioned the two moms of one of the characters that LGBTQ people got Scholastic to un-ban. Because the only way to show you mean business in this day and age is to start a never-ending boycott that no one will follow.
- And the Transgender Day of Remembrance is tomorrow. Check out the site to find an event you can attend.