After a few days of malware blacklist hell, we've finally gotten a clean bill of health from the Google-stapo malware brigade. As far as we can tell, no one actually got infected with malware - and we think we'll have our ad system working properly again in the next few days.
Thanks to everyone who was keeping an eye on things and reported the problems too us. We got notified by readers even before Google emailed us to let us know there was a problem.
Things may be bumpy with the ads over the next few days - especially since Bil and I are traveling and I'll have limited time and access to work on the site. But hopefully no one will notice any issues going forward.
Sorry for the disruption in service. Between difficult to detect malware and Google's ridiculously convoluted process, this took way longer than we expected. (And added a few gray hairs to my head!)