Waymon Hudson

Caption This: Prop 8 Protest Signs

Filed By Waymon Hudson | August 11, 2010 4:00 PM | comments

Filed in: Entertainment
Tags: caption this photo, Prop 8, protest signs

This picture came to me from a friend on Facebook after the decision to overturn Prop 8 came down. I think it says exactly how I feel:

40591_419720348532_600758532_4863659_7539052_n.jpg

So have at it, Projectors! Let's have your best caption!

Recent Entries Filed under Entertainment:

Joe-Allen Doty | August 11, 2010 4:25 PM

Another member of Fred Phelps' pseudo-church with the 2 signs.

I don't know what kind of caption to use; but, the homophobic idiot's fag sign isn't any worse that the other guy's sign.

Back in 2001, there was another homophobic "Christian" group made up of biker gang types. Their leader used a bullhorn to shout obscenities at those who were in the parade contingents. I was on a float in that parade.

They also held up vulgar signs like the Topeka, Kansas guy in the photo above.

Every "Westboro Baptist Church" demonstration is really a "God Hates Fags" one.

They switched to demonstrating at Military funerals because the print and TV news media were basically ignoring them.

Chester Elnfield | August 11, 2010 4:32 PM

Pictured(left): A hardworking, freedom-loving, American expressing his religous views in a peaceful and constructive manner.
Pictured(right): A lazy, commie, elitist infringing on the man's religous liberties by standing nearby holding a sign that is CLEARLY more offensive than the honest, moral PATRIOT/stick figure enthusiast's sign.

Angela Brightfeather | August 11, 2010 5:00 PM

OMG. How many times have I wanted to do exactly what this guy did?

I have always said that every Pride Parade needs two special floats in their lineup. One loaded with water balloons and filled with red ink and another one with rotten eggs, so that when they pass the street corner the righters have aquired, they can unload their burden appropriately.

My caption? "I can do better than to have sex with a homophobic jerkwad, thank you very much."

"Not wanting to leave an online paper trail with sites like gay.com and manhunt, one innovative trailblazer attempts an unconventional alternative dating method."

I am so damn tired of christians.
your freedom of religion means squat to me.
as rights and freedoms were explain in my school.
I have every right to punch you in your face,
my right stops a 1/4 of an inch away from your nose.
you have your right to your beliefs, but keep it away from me.

2 excellent examples of wishful thinking.

boehmianrhapsody | August 11, 2010 7:17 PM

"The least-subtle pimp ever."

"Fuck this guy"?

Ew. No, thank you. I may not have many standards, but I damn sure wouldnt go that low...

That was the same thing I was thinking, Sean. "Ewwww. No. I'd smell like Christian afterward."

dharmapupil | August 12, 2010 3:05 AM

ANYTHING to get those pants down where they should be!!!

Perhaps the caption could be the guy on the right saying,

... and furthermore, my lawyer can cornhole your lawyer!

... because if any form of violence ensues, I hope the guy on the right has a really good lawyer!

Free Speech law includes a doctrine called "fighting words" ... basically, it says that if you are deliberately attempting to evoke a violent response out of someone, or spewing insults so vehemently that violence can be expected, then you are using "fighting words" and your speech is not protected under the First Amendment.

The guy on the left is not using fighting words, because his message is clearly religious and political in nature, and not directed toward a particular individual --- and thus his message is clearly protected speech.

The guy on the right, however, might be guilty of using "fighting words" --- his message has no explicit political or religious content, and he is profanely insulting a physically immediate target in such a manner that a violent response could be reasonably anticipated. (OTOH, his sign implies, "I passionately disagree with this guy" and that might be seen as a political counter-statement.)

I could be wrong --- as our society becomes more complacent about public profanity, the doctrine of fighting words is bound to grow weaker.

Bilerico lawyers, care to comment? Once again, BINALIJPTB1O - "But I'm not a lawyer, I just pretend to be one online."

janiice J carney | August 12, 2010 10:14 AM

God would hate me if I did!

Bill Perdue Bill Perdue | August 12, 2010 11:20 AM

"Sorry, no, my space suit's at the cleaners."

Perhaps his sign should have read:
"I'm NOT with Stupid

"Benjamin Miller (22) was fined for obscenity after a fight with his invisible friend turned ugly."

This is so awesome!!! I hope this guy shows up at the Qran burning on 9/11 (if that fool jerkwad goes through with it). FUCK THIS GUY! AMEN!!!! We need water cannons. I can't believe I am in the minority in sticking up for the HERO on the RIGHT side of this pictue! AMEN BROTHER! FUCK THIS GUY!!!