This week on SameSexSunday, Joe chats with Human Rights Campaign's Kevin Nix and OneIowa's Justin Uebelhor about the National Organization for Marriage's efforts to influence the Iowa elections this year. Then, we get election predictions and highlights from GOProud's Chris Barron and Stonewall Democrat's Christopher Massicotte.
Then our special pre-election panel takes on what you can expect from the election this year, and tells you why you need to get out and vote equality. Joe Mirabella is out this week, but filling in for him is our regular panelist and MetroWeekly politics writer, Chris Geidner. Joining Chris and I are:
- Rea Carey, Executive Director of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force
- Michael Cole, Press Secretary for the Human Rights Campaign
- R. Clarke Cooper, Executive Director of the National Log Cabin Republicans
- Paul Crist, Board Member for Americans for Democratic Action
- Diego Sanchez, Senior Legislative adviser for Rep. Barney Frank of Massachusetts
- Shawn Werner, Director of Campaign Services for the Gay and Lesbian Victory Fund
Get it on iTunes or listen in after the jump as the eight of us discuss what a win for the LGBT community would look like on November 2, and what each of our panelists is hoping for.