Wednesday is Spirit Day! Teenager Brittany McMillan came up with the idea and it quickly took Facebook by storm as thousands of people signed up to wear purple tomorrow to honor the LGBT youth who've recently died after being bullied. Now GLAAD is stepping up to assist McMillan to spread the word:
- Wear purple on Wednesday, October 20!
- Twitter pic: Click here to turn your Twitter profile pic purple now through October 20
- Facebook pic: Click here to create a purple version of your Facebook profile pic - Then look for the purple photo in a new photo album called "Twibbons," click on the purple photo, and click "Make Profile Picture." Works best on square profile pictures.
- On Wednesday, post this tweet: I'm wearing purple to end anti-LGBT bullying - make your profile pic purple today #SpiritDay http://glaad.org/spiritday
- On Wednesday, post this Facebook status: I'm wearing purple today to support LGBT youth - make your profile pic purple today for Spirit Day at http://glaad.org/spiritday