The other day I was putting together some statistics and factoids for our advertising one sheet. As I looked back at what Bilerico Project accomplished in 2010, I knew I had to share it with our readers too since y'all were the driving force behind quite a few of these.
- We had over 3 million visitors in 2010
- We started a campaign to free Betsie Gallardo from a Florida prison. Betsie was released in early 2011.
- Bilerico Project won the LA Stonewall Democratic Club's prestigious Bob Craig Media Award
- We were an invited outlet to a White House meeting with LGBT journalists and bloggers.
- We featured guest posts from five members of Congress.
- Bilerico Project broke numerous LGBT news stories that were referenced in the New York Times, Washington Post, Indianapolis Star, Des Moines Register, Chicago Tribune, Miami Herald, and multiple times on the AP wire - as well as several radio and television news outlets.
- We sent thousands of emails to Congress members urging them to pass ENDA.
- We raised over $5k for pro-LGBT candidates.
- Bilerico sponsored and led a half dozen Creating Change sessions on how to use the web and social media as an activist.
- We hosted meetups in Indianapolis, Chicago, NYC, Washington DC, LA, Dallas, and Seattle.
- Several Bilerico contributors and staff members were invited to watch President Obama sign legislation repealing Don't Ask Don't Tell
- Bilerico Project posts were referenced and distributed in three state legislatures, one federal court case, and the US Capital.
- In conjunction with the Haas Foundation, Bilerico project convened in New York City, the largest-ever summit of LGBT bloggers and journalists to discuss immigration issues.
- We queered up the SouthBySouthWest conference by participating in the tech portion's first LGBT-specific session.
- We established an Editorial Advisory Board to help us vet new contributors and continue the site's incredible growth rate.
- We had a sizeable presence at the Netroots Nation online activists conference with many contributors leading sessions.
- Bilerico contributors launched one of iTunes hottest LGBT podcasts based off of our popular twitter hashtag #SameSexSunday.
Can you think of anything else that I missed but should add?