What if any trans protections are advancing and where? Meghan Stabler gives us an important update and analysis of progress and set-backs.
What is the significance of a DOMA repeal at this time and what is the likelihood we will see a repeal any time soon?
What exactly happened in Maryland and when will marriage move forward there and in Rhode Island?
Plus we get an update on important bullying legislation and we take a look at Iowa's Republican Presidential Caucus. Who has the best chance to beat Obama? Will progressives take this election for granted and lose?
Phil Reese starts things off with two important interviews:
- Derence Kernek joins us to discuss 40 years with his partner Ed Watson and why they chose to request the 9th Circuit lift the stay on Judge Walker's ruling as the Perry v Schwarzenegger Prop 8 case winds its way through the Federal Court System. ALSO
- Director of Online Programs at Freedom To Marry, Michael Crawford explains the organization's plea to President Obama on marriage equality.
Followed by our round table:
- Director of Online Programs at Courage Campaign, Adam Bink
- Vice President, gay & lesbian Victory Fund, Denis Dison
- Director of Public Policy at the Gay Lesbian Straight Education Network, Shawn Gaylord
- National LGBT activist and leader, Meghan Stabler
Don't miss this important and fascinating discussion.
Download this episode (right click and save)
Subscribe on iTunes