Has gay tabloid-style blog Queerty shut down? The popular site hasn't been updated since last Tuesday and the front page now just shows you their Twitter feed. If you try to click any of the links to their stories though, you just get redirected to their front page.
While the site's Facebook page claims that the site is down for technical difficulties, an e-mail sent by former publisher David Hauslaib yesterday afternoon says that the site is closing down for good. You can read the e-mail after the jump, but in true Queerty style, I thought we'd speculate about the real and secret reason they closed.
- Towleroad's Andy Towle put out a hit job on Queerty publisher, David Hauslaib, for not referring to Towle as "our blogger overlord." Fearing for his life, David called it quits.
- Regent Media has sued Queerty for $10 bajillion dollars.
- Queerty owner Hauslaib caught running drugs and guns for Venezuelan mob.
- HRC President Joe Solmonese and Task Force ED Rea Carey said something nice about Queerty. Queerty folds up shop in a huff and demands more acrimonious "debate."
- A transgender woman wanted to use the corporate bathroom.
- Queerty writers wanted paychecks.
What'cha got to fill in the blanks? Of course, the hypothetical musings don't have to be factual... That's not how Queerty would have wanted it!