Alex Blaze

Gays Commit Most Hate Crimes

Filed By Alex Blaze | May 22, 2011 7:30 AM | comments

Filed in: Quote of the Day
Tags: AFA, Bryan Fischer

"I am convinced that the number one group, that the number one class of people who are committing hate crimes today are homosexual activists. They are by far the most egregious perpetrators of hate crime offenses in the United States of America. All the while, trying to tell the public that we are the hate-mongers.

It's a hate crime if it involves threats or harassment - harassment meets the definition of a hate crime - and is motivated by prejudice against someone's religion. That's a hate crime. If you harass somebody because you were motivated by prejudice against that person's religion, that is a hate crime.

Number one perpetrators of hate crimes in America: homosexual activists, gay activists, the homosexual lobby."

--AFA's Bryan Fischer

Recent Entries Filed under Quote of the Day:

Kathy Padilla | May 22, 2011 8:16 AM

He must be right. The standard in this area is what you feel, not what's born out by the data.

Laurie Edwards | May 22, 2011 8:55 AM

What Bryan Fischer calls threats and harassment from "homosexual lobby," I call justifiable self-defense. Yes, I can happily stomp all over your religion, without the least sense of guilt, if your religion wants me or my rights legislated out of existence. And if your religion is wayyyyy out there, demanding death to LGBT people, then your religion has no right to be, and you bet I'm going to harass and berate you for following it.

That's what's important: As long as your religion doesn't attack me or my rights, I have nothing but respect for it. But the second your faith proclaims my life WRONG or tries to legislate me into a second-class position because of my lifestyle, your religion is fair game--and I like to hunt.

Kathy Padilla | May 22, 2011 9:37 AM

For Bry - having his feelings hurt is a hate crime - but us being murdered isn't. Hey - some of his ilk have tried to make killing us the law.

Poor baby. Have a nice cup of tea and let those tears flow. There, there.

Ok, folks, the jig is up, we are going to have to change tactics. We need to stop gathering outside fundamentalist church services and shouting nasty names at them during their services. From now on, no more throwing rotten eggs at them as they go to their cars. We'll have to quit posting their pictures online and suggesting that crazy NRA members use them for target practice. We'll have to quit ambushing them and beating them up. No more spraying anti-religious graffiti on their church buildings. Etc. Etc. Etc.

If he thinks we are guilty of hate crimes, why doesn't he bring charges against the most obvious among us and see how far he gets?

This a-hole doesn't know what a hate crime is. To him, a hate crime is when I refuse to kiss his butt. To him, a hate crime is when I do not nod and smile with a big shit-eating grin, in total silence, while he gets to spew his religious BS anywhere he wants.

And they have to nerve to suggest "special rights" ...

I'd say fuck him -- but if anyone actually did, that would be a hate crime, too.

Ted Hayes Ted Hayes | May 23, 2011 8:08 AM

Election time is in the air. Be sure to fire up the base with lies about the gay community. That will get the ignorant voters out, photo identification be damned!

Tall Stacey | May 23, 2011 6:21 PM

In a comment recently offered to this site, I proposed that we commemorate the recently prominent Harold Camping (of this past weekend’s unfulfilled rapture fame)the same way we did Mr. Santorum. Both you’ll recall made ridiculous, slanderous and inflaming accusations against our community for their own benefit, with Camping suggesting that the coming rapture was somehow all our fault. I proposed that we adopt the phrase “gone Camping” to describe future incidents of belligerent religiosity being foisted upon us by such fundamentalist wingnuts.

That all being said, may I now declare that this Mr. Bryan Fisher has obviously “gone Camping”.