Bil Browning

Stalker Countersues Univ of Michigan Student Body President

Filed By Bil Browning | May 13, 2011 4:00 PM | comments

Filed in: Fundie Watch, Living
Tags: Andrew Shirvell, Chris Armstrong, University of Michigan

Remember Andrew Shirvell, the former Michigan Assistant Attorney General fired for harassing Chris Armstrong, the student body president of the University of Michigan? The stalker has countersued Armstrong now claiming he's the victim of "a homosexual activist agenda." Stoopid LuvBecause, you know, it's not something that he did, it was those dirty queers!

[Shirvell] filed a number of counterclaims, claiming that as a result of Armstrong's statements to the media and his "course of conduct" towards Shirvell, Shirvell was "improperly fired" from his position in the Michigan Attorney General's office. He also claims that Armstrong's lawyer conspired with the AG's office to get him fired.

In the complaint, Shirvell says he "has suffered significant loss of income, future earnings, and the right to enjoyment of his livelihood as well as emotional distress, humiliation, mortification, embarrassment, sleeplessness, anxiety, and depression as the result of Plaintiff?s tortious conduct."

I wonder if since he's playing the "emotional distress" card, he will admit liability on his part for harassing Armstrong. Nah. That's not what Jeebus would do, is it? Jeebus would totally have gone to the small claims Pharisees to claim "loss of income" if some widow asked for a shekel. (img src)

Recent Entries Filed under Living:

JamesSavik | May 13, 2011 4:22 PM

I can't imagine anyone that has ever been more properly fired from a state job.

The dude was acting like a love sick stalker turned down by a hot college boy. Now someone needs to grab him in a butterfly net and send him to the laughing academy a while where he'll get the medication that he so desperately needs.

Rob Smith | May 13, 2011 4:39 PM

What a complete and total nut.

That won't stop Fox News, Hannity, Michael Savage, CBN, Rush Limbaugh from providing him a stage.

This guy is well on the way to being ordered to pay legal fees and costs for filing a frivolous claim -- not to mention possible bar discipline. If he were a layperson, he'd be given leeway, though his crappy claims would eventually be dismissed. But given that he's a member of the bar, the court will cut him no slack. If his claims don't have a basis in fact and law, or a reasonable (emphasis on that word) argument for the extension of existing law, he's toast.

And yes, I am a lawyer.

Mike in SF | May 13, 2011 8:31 PM

Am I the only one who thinks this guy is a GIANT CLOSET CASE? He screams 'I'm a homo, look at me!" on TV. It's kind of embarrassing what a classic closet case he is.

Bil;
Devilishly well written, funny, potent and pungent, if you will
Great Job!!!!

Rick Sutton | May 13, 2011 9:26 PM

Is there something in the water in Ann Arbor? I genuinely hope not. My middle daughter is a student at the medical school there.

I'll take the blame for the gays. I had a voodoo doll a few years back and I said, "Now what am I going to do with this... I know! I'll make the assistant attorney general of Michigan fall in love with the president of the student body at the University of Michigan!"

I now see the error of my ways.

These are not the actions of a rational man, and while admittedly rationality does tend to be in short supply in the anti-gay camp I cannot imagine the supply is normally quite that short. I am forced to wonder whether Shirvell might have some kind of mental health issues.

i'll tell you what, if i was armstrong, i'd be watching my back, 'cause this guy shirvell seems stone crazy, and he looks like the kind of guy who will snap like a twig one day.

Andrew Shirvell got exactly what he deserved! He stalked and harassed the student president of the University of Michigan until the student was forced to take legal action. Anderson Cooper did several full stories on this (on the segment "Keeping them Honest" oh his program "Cooper 360") and it was obvious that Shrivell was attacking and stalking this innocent person. He was fired for using his office computer on office time to conduct the stalking and harassment!!! He got exactly what he deserved! The student body president is rightfully suing Shrivell's butt for his criminal actions. I hope they find him, not only in civil contempt, but also in criminal contempt for what he did to this student!

Gaytorguy | May 14, 2011 4:07 PM

I wonder if he is suing Anderson Cooper and CNN because AC360 kept on this case for weeks. Including asking the then current AG in MI why Shirvell wasn't fired based on the guidelines and laws already on the books for the AG's employees.
Just because you are a lawyer doesn't mean the rules for harassment are different for you than for the rest of the people.
Poor Shirvell. Nothing he ever does is wrong. The world is out to get him. Especially the gays! As Bugs Bunny would say, "What a maroon!"

Anonymous | May 14, 2011 10:16 PM