Equality California finally posted its job opening and criteria for an Interim Executive Director:
- Leadership - Work with EQCA Board of Directors to represent the organization in the community; contribute to and move the organization toward goals and vision adopted by the Board.
- Fundraising and Finance - Maintain and strengthen ongoing relationships with past and current donors; monitor expenditures to ensure they do not exceed approved budgeted amounts, oversee management of complex nonprofit financial affairs, including funding that is subject to differing tax and grant restrictions and regularly provide budget updates to the Board of Directors.
- Community and Public Relations - Communicate with media, LGBT organizations and external audiences as required; help maintain trust and confidence in EQCA, demonstrate visible leadership to LGBT community.
- Organizational Development - Hire and manage staff according to plan agreed upon by board of directors; stabilize organization to prepare for permanent leader.
- Legislative Advocacy and Political Participation - Work with lobbyist to advance EQCA's legislative agenda, keeping abreast of political developments and legislation relevant to the mission of the organization; respond to political issues and challenges faced by EQCA and the LGBT community.
- Education and Organizing - Oversee major organizational educational and outreach programs; communicate progress to major funders and other constituencies as directed by the Board.
- Board Relations - Provide recommendations to the Board in establishing strategies and policies; maintain regular communication with Board members, keeping them apprised of matters needed for input and resolution.
More after the break.