Who knew what those Mario Brothers were doing when they weren't plunging themselves into holes? They kept saving that damn princess all the time, but it looks like that was just another case of entertainment celebrities staying in the closet for cash. Now that the series has started to, uh, trickle down, apparently the boys feel safer about letting their plungers hang out.
What else do you need to know? Lots!
- The Encyclopedia Britannica will no longer be printing actual books. Everything is moving online. The 2010 edition barely sold and will be the last bound volumes of the prestigious encyclopedia.
- An English blogger for the UK Telegraph is upset that Ben & Jerry's renamed their apple pie flavored ice cream to "Apple-y Ever After" to support same-sex marriage. He makes the claim that the point of the change is "Buy me or you're a bigot." I don't think the ice cream is needed. The comments section is chock-full of of gems like, "What is this concoction, fudgepacker flavour with AIDS sprinkles?"
- The Maine House of Representatives has sent a ballot measure to approve same-sex marriage to the voters. It looks likely to pass.
- What did Alexandra Pelosi find when she took a video camera to Mississippi to interview average citizens? It isn't pretty.
- Walter Mondale has come out against Minnesota's proposed marriage amendment.
- What if Don Draper and Roger Sterling of Mad Men were hiding a gay love affair?
- Celebrity photographer David LaChapelle speaks about being bullied in high school so badly he dropped out of school.
- Tennessee has dropped the "Don't Say Gay" bill.
- Marvel Comic's gay teen Avengers couple have finally shared their first kiss.