Last week I gave you the guiTARDIS edition of "What You Need to Know," featuring the totally awesome Dr. Who customized guitar at right. The maker, Art Lew, wrote in to tell me what he has in store for the future.
I am the creator of the guiTARdis. Thanks for geeking out. I am currently working on some follow up projects where I turn my bass guitar into another Tardis. Or in this case a BASsTARDis.
Obviously Art has become one of my favorite people now. What else should you know? How about this:
- The US Dept of Justice has announced they will investigate the murder of Trayvon Martin. The young black man was killed by George Zimmerman, an over-zealous self-appointed neighborhood watch vigilante armed with a gun. Martin was armed with a bag of Skittles. Officers have yet to charge Zimmerman with a crime.
- The New Hampshire House of Representatives is expected to vote tomorrow on whether or not to roll back the state's marriage equality law.
- Oh no, possums! Dame Edna is hanging up the glasses and the gladdies. Barry Humphries, the man behind Edna, says the current live show will be her last, but says the character may "crop up on television."
- You'd think a Nobel Peace Prize winner would stand up for human rights. You'd be wrong. Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf did a joint interview with former British Prime Minister Tony Blair yesterday and emphatically stated that the country's current law that criminalizes gay sex is a-ok: "We've got certain traditional values in our society that we'd like to preserve." Blair looked extremely uncomfortable, but declined to comment.
- The cast for a remake of Steel Magnolias using only African-American actors has been announced. I can't wait to see it. Can't wait.