Yesterday was the first day of Spring and you know what that means... It's time for all those creepy Easter Bunnies to show up in malls across America hoping desperately that some day they'll be as popular as the creepy retail Santas.
So what else should make you look like the kid in the picture? Here you go:
- Here's how to know you're popular at school. When Arizona high school principal Cynthia Davis was fired by the school board because she's a lesbian, parents stormed the board meeting. Police had to call in back up - including a helicopter - to control the crowd.
- The fallout over Indiana's now-revoked gay specialty license plate continues. Now Indiana Stonewall Democrats are demanding that former state-senator turned Secretary of State Connie Lawson "unsign" the letter and Indiana Youth Group is considering legal options. I'm not sure what either of those will accomplish; Lawson's deed is done and IYG did technically break the contract. They'd be better off with a good PR campaign featuring the kids most affected and working to drive those senators from office.
- The Obama administration is questioning Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf's stance in defense of the country's criminalization of gay sex. Administration officials will inquire with Liberian government officials to "find out whether the reporting is accurate and express some surprise and concern."
- If you think you have rude neighbors, this DC resident has you topped.
- Speaking of off-kilter bunnies, has Obama's stance on marriage equality gone down the rabbit hole?
- Yes, even in the world of not-for-profits, you can find the 1%. What's the usual rational? You gotta pay these leaders exorbitant amounts of cash so they're willing to help poor people?
- God help us all. Indiana's version of Michelle Bachmann is the leading contender to take a currently Democrat-held Congressional seat. Wacky Jackie has often been the subject of Bilerico posts highlighting her extreme anti-gay rhetoric.