This Chick-Fil-A hiring poster has been making the rounds of Facebook lately. Of course, it's not real but apparently it seems perfectly possible with so many people fooled into believing the small print that says gays need not apply. (Clickety to embiggen) The sandwich shop issued a statement about the flier last week that read:
"Chick-fil-A fans, we're aware of a fake and inappropriate flyer that is circulating the web right now. We can assure you that this was not created or distributed by any Chick-fil-A Restaurant or any of its independent Operators. Chick-fil-A serves all of our customers, team members and potential team members with the utmost honor, dignity and respect. Thanks for your continued support!"
Here's everything else you need to know today:
- Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine rejected an effort to repeal the state's constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage. Supporters gathered the requisite number of signatures to put the measure on the ballot, but DeWine rejected the petition saying he was "unable to certify the summary as a fair and truthful statement of the proposed constitutional amendment."
- This awesomely cute letter from a student to the local weatherman who visited his school will bring a smile to the face of every grumpy person alive. I need to step it up if I want my own unicorn to feed me doughnuts off its horn!
- The Southern Poverty Law Center has issued a report on the National Association for Research and Therapy of Homosexuality and their "anti-gay junk science." Joe.My.God. fills us in on the fact that NARTH was co-founded by Charles Socarides, father of noted gay activist Richard Socarides.
- Scott has a small photo retrospective of 60's beefcake pinup John Davidson [NSFW].
- Which GOP presidential candidate looks best with his shirt off?
- University of Calgary student Hayley Wade won election to Vice President of Student Life by plastering signs above every urinal on campus that said, "Great dick, bro!" Seriously.