Here's one of three cheeky ads sponsored by the Peruvian charity Liga Contra el Cancer (League Against Cancer); the PSAs encourage men to do testicular self-exams. The two other ads show a Rubix Cube and a Blackberry for the undies pouch. I'm wondering if they realize that most young male gamers spend quite a bit of time playing with their joystick instead...
On a serious note, my mom was always a stickler for self-exams. In high school, I found a knot on one testicle and had to have surgery. If it hadn't been for that self exam, things could have ended quite a bit worse; as it was, one surgery solved everything and saved all my bits and pieces. Do it, guys. It takes 15 seconds and you can do it in the shower on the first of every month.
What else should you know? Here you are:
- The LA Times has a good article about the pressure being put on President Obama from inside the party to finish his evolution on marriage.
- Questions are finally being put to Mitt Romney about his Mormon faith and the church's historical prejudice and teachings about people of color. He is, of course, none too pleased.
- Just in from Thomas Roberts: "New study finding those individuals who are most hostile toward gays and hold strong anti-gay views may themselves have same-sex desires." Glad we have MSNBC to tell us that...
- Trayvon Martin's family is upset about George Zimmerman's new website complaining about how his life has been turned upside down by a "life-altering event." The family's lawyer responded, saying, "You know he says that he experienced a life-altering event. Well, Trayvon Martin experienced a life-ending event." Touché!
- DNC head Debbie Wasserman-Shultz is standing by her former aide turned Jewish outreach coordinator for the Democratic Party after conservatives dug up an anti-Semitic joke on Dani Gilbert's Facebook page from six years ago. Gilbert and Wasserman-Shultz are both Jewish.
- A group of Colorado State University LGBT students were brutally beaten by members of the school's football team who shouted anti-gay slurs during the attack. Remember, football doesn't bash gays, football players do.
- A New Zealand man has won the title of Mr. Gay World. There may be many different types of gay men around the world, but from a quick glance at the group photo, none of our tribe have chest hair.
- A former Library of Congress employee is claiming he was fired because he's gay.
What'd I miss? Tell us in the comments section.