I ran across this photo of a penthouse bathroom in a refurbished building in Guadalajara the other day and knew I had to feature it here. It's located over top of an unused 15 stories elevator shaft.
I'm scared to death of heights; I can barely stand to climb a short ladder or step stool. I can't imagine going to the potty in this room. I'm not sure I'd make it. I'd crap my pants as soon as I tried to step onto the floor! What about you? Would it bother you or would you think it's the coolest thing ever?
So what else is going around today that you should be aware of? Here you go:
- Perez Hilton is showing off his new slimmed down physique in a video where he's hopping around with his mother in his underwear. Is it just me or does he look too skinny now? Either way, I'm glad he's happy with himself; that's what is most important.
- Meryl Streep gets sex advice from a gay man in her upcoming movie, "Hope Springs."
- Tokyo got their pride on last weekend. Thousands attended, but not little old me.
- Straight parental figures are always best, right? Tell that to these two drunken grandparents who tied their granddaughter's Hot Wheels car to their SUV with dog leashes and drug the kid all over town behind the vehicle.
- Vandals stole the anti-Amendment One banner from the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. God may hate the gays, but he's totally down for stealing from his house.
- Tennessee's "Don't Say Gay" bill will die in the legislature after the state Board of Education agreed to send a letter to all schools "telling them they cannot teach this subject in grades kindergarten through eight," according to the bill's sponsor.
- Adair Lion, a rapper I've never heard of, has released his new single, "Ben," from a new Michael Jackson tribute album. The song focuses on anti-gay discrimination, homophobia in hip-hop/rap and anti-LGBT Christian hate.
- Here's one that'll shock you to your core. American Family Association spokesman Bryan Fischer is - literally - arguing that it's perfectly acceptable to discriminate against LGBT people because "you're dealing there with issues of content of character."
- Was this the most hated man in the world? His tombstone would indicate he was.
- Rupert Murdoch is not a "fit and proper person" to run a major international media company according to the British Parliament. Wait until someone makes his tombstone!
- Truth Wins Out head honcho Wayne Besen has lost his defamation court case against ex-gay Gregory Quinlan. The homo-hating liar claimed Besen wanted to inject him with HIV and was fired from HRC for having a bad attitude. The judge said Besen was a public figure and, therefore, Quinlan is allowed to make shit up somehow?