Our community witnessed several victories in 2012 like DADT, gay marriage and job protections around gender identity. But as we move forward into the new year, I hope we are thinking about the possibilities of what could happen.
With that said, I like to present a list of New Year's resolutions we could consider in 2013. I will not go into detail, I leave this for you to interpret and discuss.
- Continue to support local LGBT homeless shelters and centers
- Gain an understanding on the needs and issues of our transgender family
- Demand for more socially and racially diverse characters in movies and television
- Develop solid and effective ways to address anti-LGBT attacks from hate leaders and hate groups
- Support more LGBT musical artists and performers
- Take a break from Grindr, Scuff and Muff, and get to know someone personally
- Start supporting our communities in the Red States
- Mentor the LGBT youth
- Stay politically aware and savvy
- Always include LGBT people of color in the larger LGBT conversation
(Bullseye graphic via Bigstock)