"Well, I think maybe we've been out-marketed, sometimes. We've been caricatured as being anti-gay. And as much as we'd say, 'Wait a minute, we're pro-marriage, we're pro-traditional marriage, we're not anti-anybody,' I don't know. When you have forces like Hollywood, when you have forces like politicians, when you have forces like some opinion-molders that are behind it, it's a tough battle."
-- Cardinal Timothy Dolan, Archbishop of New York, speaking yesterday on NBC's Meet the Press after host David Gregory asked whether the Catholic Church is "losing the argument" against marriage equality.
- Timothy Dolan actively hid church assets from priest sexual abuse victims.
- Timothy Dolan whines about contraception, but diocesan health plan covers it... and abortion.
- Timothy Dolan to LGBT Catholics: wash your hands before entering my church.
- Timothy Dolan says Catholic Church should be more welcoming to gays, then demeans gay relationships.
- Timothy Dolan gave payouts to pedophile priests during his tenure as Archbishop of Milwaukee.
- Timothy Dolan blesses the Republican National Convention.
- Timothy Dolan is promoted to cardinal after spearheading the fight against marriage equality.
- Timothy Dolan: "These [LGBT] people" don't deserve jobs.