We're currently accepting applications an intern to assist with running the site and learn the ropes of online publishing and communications. We're seeking a brave soul who'd like to learn about editing and content creation.
The details are after the jump if you're interested.
Communications Internship Opportunity
Bilerico Project is seeking an unpaid communications intern to work roughly 20 hours per week this summer. Since this is an online communications opportunity, location is not specific.
The communications intern will help facilitate messaging, build media contacts, copyediting, and research in multiple arenas.
- Compiling and organizing news clips, op-eds, studies, and reports
- Updating press and media contact lists
- Conducting research and compiling statistics for editorial and web materials
- Occasionally drafting statements, op-eds and press releases
- Comment moderation
- Assisting the editorial team with daily operations
- Compiling a style guide for editorial use
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong internet skills
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Ability to be a team player and to work in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and dedication
- Interest in LGBT policy and pop culture
- Strong knowledge of grassroots organizing
- Intellectual curiosity
- Journalism or organizational communications background
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Knowledge of social-networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- Graphic design sensibility
- Video editing knowledge a plus
Internship applications are currently being accepted for the following time periods:
Summer Term 2014: Early June - Late August (start and end dates are flexible)
The application should consist of your resume, 3 references, a short writing sample, and a cover letter including the following information:
- Dates and hours of availability
- Special skills you would bring to the internship
- Where you learned about the internship
- An acknowledgment that the internship is unpaid
Send application to email@example.com with the subject line "Internship application"